My spiritual New Year’s resolutions are as follows:
- Pray more. Daily Rosary, Daily Mass, Evening Prayer, Morning Offering, mental prayer.
- Read more. In Conversation with God, Lectionary, Saint of the Day, Catechism in a Year, Popes in a Year, St. Thomas’s Summa Theologica, Dante’s Divine Comedy.
- Do More. Volunteer more regularly and more often, e.g., at St. Margaret Hall and neighboring parishes.
- Drink Less. Two per day is plenty.
- Write more. Daily journal, essays and op eds, and occasional blog posts (I realize blogging is somewhat passe these days).